Hanalei Roberts grew up on the Big Island of Hawaii. She was awarded her Bachelor of Science in Neurobiology from the University of California at Berkeley. Before starting graduate school she worked as a natural foods chef for healing retreats in Hawaii and New Zealand.
Dr. Roberts went on to earn her Naturopathic Doctorate at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. During her clinical training she completed a one year internship with Dr. Thom, ND, DDS in Biotherapeutic Drainage. While in school she interned at Outside In, a clinic that focuses on helping at-risk youth.
Continued education includes:
- One year Botanical Medicine program with herbalist Mathew Wood
- 100 hour course in Applied Kinesiology
- Core Synchronism level 1 and 2 with Anne Hill ND
- Functional medicine courses focusing on the thyroid, endocrine system, GI, and neurotransmitter health with Dr. Kharrazian DC
- Mentorship under Dr. Bruce Rind MD in Washington DC who specializes in thyroid conditions and the treatment of chronic lyme disease.
- Lomi Lomi Massage course with Auntie Maile
- Low Dose Allergen therapy (LDA) course with William Schrader MD
- Ozone Therapy training with William Hibbs ND
- PRP Prolotherapy course with Kevin Davidson ND
Dr. Roberts is an educator and regularly holds community lectures on natural medicine and healthy cooking. She enjoys growing local food, playing her uke, and spending time with her family on her homestead in North Kohala.